TV & Video
- In Search of Fatherhood: A letter from every newborn daughter to her father, of what she wants and needs from him over her lifetime.
- New Channel 8 – Portland
- Charter Local Edition
- Milwaukee – The Morning Blend
- WGN – Chicago
- KATU, AM Northwest, Portland, Oregon
- KPTV, MORE, Portland, Oregon
- Jenny Hansson, Hayley Platt and Jake Byron, KOIN Studio 6, Portland, Oregon
- Grace Lee, CBS 5 Bay Sunday, San Francisco, California
- New Day NW, KING 5 TV, Seattle, Washington
- Jodie Moreno, Sacramento and Co/NEWS 10, Sacramento, California
- “Read My Lips” with Bonnie Graham
- Dr. Veronica Anderson, “Wellness for the Real World”
- Scott Simon, Simon in the Morning, KUPL, Portland, Oregon
- Joanie Greggains, KGO Radio, San Francisco, California
- Dr. Rose, Blog Talk Radio
- Scott Wilder, Wilder Show
- Todd Mansfield and Kent Lewis, Dad’s Unplugged
- Todd and Laura Mansfield, Parenting Unplugged Radio
- Kim Iverson, Your Time With Kim, begins at 26 minutes in the show
- Lisa Alcalay Klug, Costco Connection
- Kimberly Dawn Neumann, Match.com Blog
- Jennifer Willis, The Oregonian, Portland, Oregon
Authored by Kevin
- Dads and Daughters: Fathers launch daughters on their lifelong trajectory
- Dads & Daughters: ‘Father hunger’ haunts abandoned daughters
- Dads and Daughters: Damage of child abuse leaves scars on all of us
- Dads and Daughters: Miracles of healing after a deathbed epiphany
- Dads and Daughters: Be brave, and let out feelings on loss of dad
- Dads and Daughters: It’s the failures that weigh on a father’s heart
- Jennifer Collins, Mom Central, MA
- C. Lewis, Dad of Divas, Georgia
- Nina Sankovitch, Read All Day, Connecticut
- Lynette, Crazed Mind, Texas
- Leslie Lindsay, Leslie 4 Kids, Chicago
- Jennie, Surviving Motherhood, Ohio
- Lori Pace, A Day in Motherhood, Texas
- Daniela Medina, Miss A
- James Broderick, Ph.D, BookPleasures.com, New Jersey
Hello Kevin, Nice work! It has been a while since I have seen or talked to you, It is great to see someone you grew up with actually suceed, I hope all the best to you and yours in your continued success. Always, Mark…….
I want to Thank You for the articles you have written in the local Portland newspaper. I don’t always get the newspaper, but the articles I have read have helped me so much.
Back in the late 40′s and early 50′s, my Father was sometimes verbally and a couple times, physically abusive to me. My dad left when I was eight and my brother was four. We only saw him twice (once a couple months after he had left to introduce us to his new wife and then again when I was 13, when he introduced us to his third wife). After the age of about 36 (when I was raising two daughters by myself) he came and visited on 2 occasions. I probably saw him a total of 8 – 10 times up until his death in Dec. 2008 (and part of that was due to Boeing sending me to work in Los Angles, CA for 2 years.) My dad spent his entire life in CA after he left our family.
I also have a half sister (by the same father and whom I have just recently became acquainted with in the past few years) who also was verbally abused by him. She doesn’t come out and say it, but sometimes things will slip out of her mouth that kind of make my hair stand on end.
I don’t want to go into a long story here, but you have really touched my Heart and I am starting to understand a lot more about the psychological problems I had/have relating to men and why I grew up so insecure. I have been in and out of counseling a good part of my life. But one thing that never came up, in all my counseling, was my relationship with my dad, or for that matter anything about my dad. So again Thank You very much for your words AND they have been music to my ears.
Sincerely, Mimi Lee